Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Any way to schedule amount of hotlinks in a master project?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,

I'm looking for a way to schedule how many hotlinks I have in my main file and on which stories they are placed. I can schedule Hotlink Master ID but I want the quantity to show number of hotlinks instead of number of elements in the hotlinks.

/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
11 REPLIES 11
Barry Kelly
A hotlink is not a single element that you can schedule, it is a group of elements that will all list individually in the schedule.

The only way I can think that you can do it is to add a unique object or element in each module.
Create a special ‘module’ object or add an element with an ID of ‘module’ or maybe a property if you want to set one up.
Then schedule for that unique criteria (module object or element with ‘module’ ID).
You will get one for each module placed and you can get the master ID and a count.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
I came to the same conclusion. Thx for confirming!
AC 25 SWE Full

Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You can schedule Hotlink Master ID, if these are unique (which they ussually are), you can create an Element Schedule that contains all elements as criteria and add Hotlink Master ID as Field and then sum the total.

Not sure if that works for nested modules.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Barry Kelly
Erwin wrote:
You can schedule Hotlink Master ID, if these are unique (which they ussually are), you can create an Element Schedule that contains all elements as criteria and add Hotlink Master ID as Field and then sum the total.
I think the problem with this is you will get a total count of all the master ID's (i.e. all elements with the same master ID) and not a total count of the unique master IDs.
I don't know for sure as I haven't tested it, so if I am wrong then yes this method will work.

Otherwise, that is why I suggested adding a unique object to each module, so in effect you are counting how many times that object has been placed (once for each module).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Lingwisyer
Guru
I have done this in the past by scheduling GFA Zones. Not quite sure how that would work with multistory hotlinks though...

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Barry wrote:
Erwin wrote:
I think the problem with this is you will get a total count of all the master ID's (i.e. all elements with the same master ID) and not a total count of the unique master IDs.
I don't know for sure as I haven't tested it, so if I am wrong then yes this method will work.

Otherwise, that is why I suggested adding a unique object to each module, so in effect you are counting how many times that object has been placed (once for each module).

Barry.
Yup. This is my problem. I just want to know how many instances of each module I have placed and where.
Not at all interested in how many elements there are in the module of a specific master ID...
AC 25 SWE Full

Anonymous
Not applicable
Mats,

I have done something like this before where I created a new layer that was just for a GFA zone for each apartment type. We could then schedule the number of apartment types and the floors on which they are placed, just had to setup schedule criteria to to only schedule that layer so was really quick to update

Regards
Scott
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
sboydturner wrote:
Mats,

I have done something like this before where I created a new layer that was just for a GFA zone for each apartment type. We could then schedule the number of apartment types and the floors on which they are placed, just had to setup schedule criteria to to only schedule that layer so was really quick to update

Regards
Scott
I've just prepared a type room file with 125 rooms (=stories) with sufficient emty buffer stories in between. To every story we copy the room outline from the main model and we create a "module identifier slab" with the ID set to the type room name (story name). This is pretty quick and also it gives us an easy way to check the correctness of the type room outline with the main model. The main model has 1200+ rooms so there will be human errors while modelling . A quick run through Solibri and we can find any discrepancies regarding the room shape (room type identifier colliding with walls).
For now I'm happy that we can make good use of the work around with the modules.

/Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

Karoly Horvath
Enthusiast
Seems like an old topic, but maybe gather some interest:
- I have scripted a small object that picks up Zone Name, Zone Category, Zone Category ID, and Zone Number.
- That object is placed into all modules
- Modules get the master ID, so the nested object gets it too.
- You can schedule this object
- You can add a whole bunch of useful, schedulable properties to this object.
- If you re-script the Zone Stamp to push information into the Zone Number field, then you can grab that info too from the object. I mean things like Area can be pushed into the Zone Number... 🙂 cheeky, but works
- I also tried to schedule wether the module is Normal or Mirrored. It actually works by using a specific variable in the script, but unfortunately, you have to RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS before you run the schedule to make sure the handing is picked up correctly.
The RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS operation can take very long, so you don't do it too often...
- I use a similar object to identify Bathroom Types, Kitchen Types, Robe Types, etc. These are usually embedded modules placed first into Apartment Unit Type module.
The method works fine, but I really wish schedules could access modules a bit more naturally.
Or, at least I wish I did not have to RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS all the time to make sure the schedules are OK.
The RUN PARAMETER SCRIPT IN ALL PLACED OBJECTS command is not even part of the standard ARCHICAD command list, you have to add it to your work environment manually...
ArchiCAD since 4.5

Windows, Mac