BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Anyone know what is going on at Cigraph /ArchiForma 3?

rm
Expert
For those of you that have used Archiforma 2, waiting for Archiforma 3, have you heard what the delay is on the update of that tool from Cigraph?

Have they given up?

While Archiforma 2 does not solve all needs, it works pretty well. But it is in long need of updating.

Thanks in advance!
Robert Mariani
MARIANI design studio, PLLC
Architecture / Architectural Photography
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
18 REPLIES 18
Marky
Contributor
rm wrote:
For those of you that have used Archiforma 2, waiting for Archiforma 3, have you heard what the delay is on the update of that tool from Cigraph?

Have they given up?

While Archiforma 2 does not solve all needs, it works pretty well. But it is in long need of updating.

Thanks in advance!
They don't respond to anything at all. Fabrizio hasn't been around long time already.
Look like out of business.
AC 6.5, 13 - 19 Pl, OctaneRender for ArchiCAD, MoI 3D, Blender; W7 Pro 64;
i7-4790K/32 GB; GTX 980/4 GB
rm
Expert
WHAT!!!! Really?

Can any reseller confirm this ?
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Karl Ottenstein
Marky wrote:
They don't respond to anything at all. Fabrizio hasn't been around long time already.
Huh? Fabrizio is still around and I've been in touch recently...

Have you contacted Cigraph via all of their official addresses??

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Marky
Contributor
Karl wrote:
Marky wrote:
Huh? Fabrizio is still around and I've been in touch recently...

Have you contacted Cigraph via all of their official addresses??

Karl
Several times trying this forum and their address as well.
Zero, nada, null responses.
Gave up since they acted like not giving a rip.
AC 6.5, 13 - 19 Pl, OctaneRender for ArchiCAD, MoI 3D, Blender; W7 Pro 64;
i7-4790K/32 GB; GTX 980/4 GB
Karl Ottenstein
Marky wrote:
Several times trying this forum and their address as well.
Zero, nada, null responses.
Gave up since they acted like not giving a rip.
This is not the place to contact ANY manufacturer, even Graphisoft. This is a user forum; GS may jump in from time to time at their choosing.

If anyone wants Cigraph, Abvent, Maxon, etc ... they should be contacting them directly or on their own forums.

That said, it is more than discouraging to look at the Cigraph forums:
http://www.cigraph.it/forums/cigraph_forum_en/viewforum.php?f=3

and see that nobody is getting responses.

...that the last "Support News" is more than 2 years old:
http://www.cigraph.it/cigraph/pagetrans.do?action=notizie&view=NEWS_SUP_ONLY

Sloppy, their web site is copyright '2006', but the downloads include the AC 15 version of ArchiSuite.

Yes, the company's web presence is a mess, but AFAIK they are still there... will see what I can find out... very unprofessional for nobody at the company to respond to people, even on their own support forums...

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
rm
Expert
Hey Karl!

Yeah, I emailed them directly a few days ago. No response. That is why I posted here to see if anyone had heard what is going on.

Back in they day, they were very quick to reply to direct correspondence. Now....not so much.

My question still stands as to anyone having any knowledge of ArchiForma 3 being developed/released.

TIA
Robert Mariani
www.robertmariani.com

Mac OSX 13.1
AC 24 / 25 / 26
Gorazd
Booster
I have seen a demo of Archiforma 3 at ArchiCAd spring academy in Croatia in May. It looked very promising and Fabrizzio said something about "after summer" availability. So I suppose they are busy right now.
------

Gorazd Rajh

AC 25, Ryzen 9 5900HS, 48 GB RAM, RTX 3080, Win 11
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Robert,

yes… we are still alive!

I’m really sorry that it seems it’s so difficult reaching us…
My suggestion it’s always the same: if you need something just drop me an e-mail but, when I say “drop me” I mean just use my e-mail address (it’s in my signature below), in fact, Karl has been so kind to directly write me about this post today and here I am.
Anyway I’m not here to justify ourselves, if the users have the feeling we disappeared probably there is something of wrong on our side so I will try to improve our “presence”.
OK, let’s me address you main question: ArchiForma 3.0.
We are going to start the beta test period probably the next month.
We had to delay it just because ArchiCAD 15 (!): GS introduced some very good modeling features(overall the Shell tool) which, in some way, killed some ArchiForma 3 functions we were ready to release.
So we had to “remodeling” the software: removing the double commands (I mean some issues you got by AC 15), changing some features, improving the remaining ones and adding some others.
Just some info about ArchiForma 3.0:
1. All the tools has been redesigned
2. Full control of any graphical issues (fills, pens, etc.)
3. Possibility to create, use and store custom profiles to use them with any tool (it includes a library containing all the ArchiCAD steel profiles)
4. Correct 2D display of the elements based on the AC Floor Plan Cut Plane (similar to the ArchiCAD construction elements)
5. Many new editing features in a dedicated editing mode (in any ArchiCAD window)
6. No more limitation for any tool (infinite number of nodes, infinite holes, infinite cuts)
7. Enhanced surface material handlings (you can have a different material for any face of the body)
8. You can curve, twist, scale the ArchiForma elements
9. Enhanced Ruled, Revolve and Tube functions (new editing features, use if the stored profiles, enhanced material handling, etc.)
10. New Loft tool (create complex shapes joining several profiles in the 3D space)
11. New Elastic Net tool (to create tents, tensioned structure, gazebos but also curtains and tablecloths see the attached image)
12. You can create & multiply new elements in any ArchiCAD windows, including Section and Elevations
13. New, easier, enhanced procedure to cut & drill the elements (also this one works on any AC window), cuts and holes can also be modify later (parametric definition of them)
14. New “Save as object” procedure (less heavy objects, faster to elaborate)
15. And many other features…

Let me beg you pardon once again for the bad feeling.
Hoping this short description will let you trust on us again,

Friendly,
Fabrizio
tableclothAF3.jpg
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Another example from ArchiForma 3.0
Aereo.jpg
Fabrizio Diodati