Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD Template and Library - free download

Podolsky
Ace
Hi there!
I have decided to give a link to the template and library I have developed for projects I've been working on.
Feel free to download and review. Any comments are welcomed.
The Template was developed for UK. I used British standards: BS 8541-2:2011 and BS EN ISO 19650-2:2018
I though that Graphisoft UK might be interested (in time when I stared they had very weak template), but somehow they are too much ignorant about private developments.
GDL codes are password protected. I haven't considered yet to open the source. I also implemented library protection by connecting it to ArchiCAD licence number. Originally was idea that workers wouldn't take a library from the office and use it somewhere else. Currently I set, that library will work until September this year in any computer. But if someone want to use it in their practise - please write me, I can connect the library to your ArchiCAD license.
Also included Manual, that explains basics of the template.
This development is something that I didn't finish to develop and have to continue. I just stack in the middle because of health problems - I've got a disability.
If there are people who want to help me to continue this development - I would be more than happy.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pchebzqlv3qdwa5/AAB4CpKzRHzztFcPObHzuH4ja?dl=0
57 REPLIES 57
sinceV6
Advocate
Hi.

Amazing.

Haven't even opened the template, just the PDF, and it is mind boggling. Congrats on the great work put into it.

Best regards.
jl_lt
Ace
Hi Mr. Podolsky. Just reading the pdf file was extremely informative and the amount of work that has been put into this is incredible. I congratulate you for the high level of command you have on Archicad and even more for being willing to share it.

Cheers to all!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I use INT version and get error "Invalid 2D symbol. Open the library part for editting and check its 2D script for error". How can I fix them?
Podolsky
Ace
Which element gives you such an error? Please note that this is not fully commercial project, it's more like alfa, maybe beta version. I never had enough time to make this development to perfect state. Some minor errors are expected.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Podolsky wrote:
Which element gives you such an error? Please note that this is not fully commercial project, it's more like alfa, maybe beta version. I never had enough time to make this development to perfect state. Some minor errors are expected.
Everything is OK when I use your pln template file. It's not for other file. Thank for your beautiful template
Podolsky
Ace
Well, here is the point. Yes, if you use library with another file - apart from file that been created from the template - it's not working. It's not because here is some smart protection. Just library is using additional data, placed into embedded library. I probably mentioned that in Manual. You need to copy content of folder called 'library data' into your file. Library parts all have macro calls to some files in this 'library data' (for example information about company font) and give error when cannot find them.
By the way - library will stop working in September. Because this is preview version. You can use it in your projects for now, it's quite functional - I built and used this library on my running projects - constantly improving parts, but you can expect small bugs sometimes and after September objects will stay in the project, just possibility to modify them will be blocked.
After library will be locked - you need to contact me about future use of it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Podolsky.

I want to thank you for sharing this valuable information. It's very useful for people like me who are beginning the BIM management process. I've been using ArchiCAD's standard template for a very long time (+10 years), but that's because I've been using ArchiCAD on a personal level so far. Now that I'm transgressing to a more professional approach, this template will act as a guide for me to make the best out of ArchiCAD as a small practice. Thanks again, and I wish you all the best
Podolsky
Ace
You are welcome. Feel free to use part of the template features any way you want. It build based on UK standards with mixture of USA NCS and also following workflow of several quite big and well known in London architectural practises. The only limitation that I put on this development - GDL scripts are limited for use in time. As I still want to keep my scripts on commercial basis. But I always can adopt my library parts to specific needs by request.
Podolsky
Ace
Hello all. Seems that I cannot continue this development because of health issues (serious spine problems). Anyone who is willing to pick up my libraries, modify or do anything about it - feel free.
The password to the scripts 'neilsmith'

Cheers
runxel
Legend
Podolsky wrote:
Hello all. Seems that I cannot continue this development because of health issues (serious spine problems). Anyone who is willing to pick up my libraries, modify or do anything about it - feel free.
Sad to hear that podolsky! We wish you all the best and that your condition may improve!
Stay strong!

Your legacy will live on in many new, adapted GDLs in local standards and offices, I believe.
What a ballsy move! Thanks
Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»