Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD Template and Library - free download

Podolsky
Ace
Hi there!
I have decided to give a link to the template and library I have developed for projects I've been working on.
Feel free to download and review. Any comments are welcomed.
The Template was developed for UK. I used British standards: BS 8541-2:2011 and BS EN ISO 19650-2:2018
I though that Graphisoft UK might be interested (in time when I stared they had very weak template), but somehow they are too much ignorant about private developments.
GDL codes are password protected. I haven't considered yet to open the source. I also implemented library protection by connecting it to ArchiCAD licence number. Originally was idea that workers wouldn't take a library from the office and use it somewhere else. Currently I set, that library will work until September this year in any computer. But if someone want to use it in their practise - please write me, I can connect the library to your ArchiCAD license.
Also included Manual, that explains basics of the template.
This development is something that I didn't finish to develop and have to continue. I just stack in the middle because of health problems - I've got a disability.
If there are people who want to help me to continue this development - I would be more than happy.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pchebzqlv3qdwa5/AAB4CpKzRHzztFcPObHzuH4ja?dl=0
57 REPLIES 57
Podolsky
Ace
runxel wrote:
Podolsky wrote:
Hello all. Seems that I cannot continue this development because of health issues (serious spine problems). Anyone who is willing to pick up my libraries, modify or do anything about it - feel free.
Sad to hear that podolsky! We wish you all the best and that your condition may improve!
Stay strong!

Your legacy will live on in many new, adapted GDLs in local standards and offices, I believe.
What a ballsy move! Thanks
I hope there are people in this world who would be able to continue this work.
Karl Ottenstein
Podolsky wrote:
Hello all. Seems that I cannot continue this development because of health issues (serious spine problems). Anyone who is willing to pick up my libraries, modify or do anything about it - feel free.
So sorry to hear this - and hope that you live where you can receive good care for your condition. Thank you for all of your positive contributions here - including your template, library and its manual - and best wishes for your health.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Vitruvius
Contributor
Podolsky wrote:
The password to the scripts 'neilsmith'

Cheers
I'm very sorry to hear that.

I've just had a look at your template over the weekend and there are some truly innovative and excellent ideas. For me, the implementation of the MVO dropdown options for LOD and Markers&Labels and the way they relate to labels, markers and GDL objects is fantastic. Graphisoft should incorporate this.

And the zone marker is very well thought out. It's a simple idea but well thought out and very functional. Little touches like that really elevate the experience of the user. And save time.

There is also some fun stuff like the blue and ochre pensets to mimic old blueprints and sepia drawings.

Now if only GS could give us a graphical interface for designing the graphical interface for GDL objects...
Cameron Hestler, Architect

AC 24 & 25 (3011) / MacMini i7-8700B @ 3.2 GHz / 32GB Ram / 512GB SSD

LG Ultrafine 4K monitor 22" & 27”

Mac OS 11.6 Big Sur
Anonymous
Not applicable
Podolsky wrote:
I am really sad to know things are this bad. (...) I truly hope you can somehow overcome your health issues the same way you script those brilliant GDL objects you generously gave us.
Best of luck Podolsky!
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi Alexey,

Thank you for your contribution to the community and I wish you a recovery!!!
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
lopezfigueroa
Enthusiast
Thank you very much for your contribution and your generosity.
One of the best of this year.

Sir, this work that you did really inspires.

Get better soon.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Podolsky wrote:

Cheers
Wish you will find a cure or a remedy for your condition. I'll pray for you. There must be something out there somewhere in the world. *fingers crossed*
Anonymous
Not applicable
Please how can I download the free archicad template and library
Karl Ottenstein
Morr wrote:
Please how can I download the free archicad template and library
Just page to the first post of this thread. Here's a link to it:

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=72947&start=30#p326156
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Roger C
Booster
Podolsky wrote:

Cheers
Very sad to hear those terrible news. I've just arrived to this post, willing to give it a try, learn a lot and see how to implement it to an spanish standard. Hopefully you'll get better.

Cheers
i7 3770K / MSI GS73VR 7RF i7 7700HQ

16 gb

GTX 3060 / GTX 1060

Windows 10

ArchiCAD 25 SPA