Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

ArchiCAD Template and Library - free download

Podolsky
Ace
Hi there!
I have decided to give a link to the template and library I have developed for projects I've been working on.
Feel free to download and review. Any comments are welcomed.
The Template was developed for UK. I used British standards: BS 8541-2:2011 and BS EN ISO 19650-2:2018
I though that Graphisoft UK might be interested (in time when I stared they had very weak template), but somehow they are too much ignorant about private developments.
GDL codes are password protected. I haven't considered yet to open the source. I also implemented library protection by connecting it to ArchiCAD licence number. Originally was idea that workers wouldn't take a library from the office and use it somewhere else. Currently I set, that library will work until September this year in any computer. But if someone want to use it in their practise - please write me, I can connect the library to your ArchiCAD license.
Also included Manual, that explains basics of the template.
This development is something that I didn't finish to develop and have to continue. I just stack in the middle because of health problems - I've got a disability.
If there are people who want to help me to continue this development - I would be more than happy.

Here is the link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/pchebzqlv3qdwa5/AAB4CpKzRHzztFcPObHzuH4ja?dl=0
57 REPLIES 57
A_ Smith
Expert
May I ask - only I have troubles with placing pipes objects ? In my case even 3D preview page of object shows error. I see only their image. Same for tees, elbows etc.
I didn't look through everything, but others seems to work fine.

Thanks Podolsky, for sharing.
Looks like your skill level of ArchiCAD and GDL is almost unreachable.
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
Podolsky
Ace
A. wrote:
May I ask - only I have troubles with placing pipes objects ? In my case even 3D preview page of object shows error. I see only their image. Same for tees, elbows etc.
I didn't look through everything, but others seems to work fine.

Thanks Podolsky, for sharing.
Looks like your skill level of ArchiCAD and GDL is almost unreachable.
All MEP objects must work, as I designed and used them on my projects. There are two reasons why objects can give error - when data files in embedded library are missing (they embedded by default into template file) and when ArchiCAD MEP library is not connected, because my objects - it's a modification of standard objects and part of object functionality is requested from MEP macro.

They also can have some small errors in user interface on Windows - some text might not shown correctly. It happened because I wrote everything on Mac and didn't test on Windows.

Although each element was used on running projects - still some minor bugs can be expected. But that can be fixed by anyone who knows GDL - and this why I opened source of the library, as unfortunately I cannot push this development further.
A_ Smith
Expert
Podolsky wrote:
All MEP objects must work, as I designed and used them on my projects. There are two reasons why objects can give error - when data files in embedded library are missing (they embedded by default into template file) and when ArchiCAD MEP library is not connected, because my objects - it's a modification of standard objects and part of object functionality is requested from MEP macro.
You're right - MEP default library wasn't embedded ... (facepalm)
AC 22, 24 | Win 10
hybrid
Enthusiast
Podolsky wrote:
Hello all. Seems that I cannot continue this development because of health issues (serious spine problems). Anyone who is willing to pick up my libraries, modify or do anything about it - feel free.
The password to the scripts 'neilsmith'

Cheers
Thanks for the template! Get well. Greetings from Kyrgyzstan!
AMD R7 2700 3.8@GHz | 32 Gb RAM | SSD | GTX 1050Ti
Airamsualo
Beginner

Thank you so much!! Your work is amazing

Greetings from Mexico

Hope you get better

Arreguin
Participant

the template is very complete for UK standars , congratulations, Greetings from Mexico

MthabisiDube
Newcomer

Good day may you kindly share the passwords required.

It was written in a previous post - yes there is a lot to read.

The password to the scripts 'neilsmith'

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
AhmedMarhaba8719
Newcomer

Thank you Sir. Can you help me able to change tittle block??

Janine Gessner
Participant

Wow. Thank u so much. This is awesome!