Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad 14 and 15 to Solibri

Anonymous
Not applicable
Despite all Archicad 15 IFC enhancements I´m having some troubles with IFC export. Windows could not be exported correctly. See attached image.

And I´m using composite walls and its cut fills to show [Type] field in Solibri correctly. But now walls have its width added to Type field. In AC14 this wasn´t happening anymore.

WINDOWS.jpg
6 REPLIES 6
Erika Epstein
Booster
Did you check your renovation status for each element?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
They're all in existing status.
Erika Epstein
Booster
windows too?
Have you sent the file to your techsupport?
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

could you send the IFC also to Solibri's support. AC 15 has a new way of exporting openings of curved walls. Opening geometry is not very good. This could be a similar case. We would like to investigate this.

Best Regards,

Matti
Anonymous
Not applicable
The problem are windows and doors with rolling sunshade.
I´m using 3887 IFC Hotfix and 3602 Archicad Hotfix. I don´t know with 3868 will fix it.
owen
Newcomer
hi,

just came across this thread .. ACs opening IFC export problems continue in AC16...

http://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=206007#206007

Matti - I think i know the curved-wall opening geometry issue you are talking about, its similar to the extruded geometry problem in my post above? Also an image of this issue in AC15 attached - FYI all those dark transparent elements are extruded opening geometries created by opening objects and Solid Element Operations, the geometries bear no relationship to the holes/penetrations they should represent

This seems like really poor QA of the IFC export by Graphisoft. I do not understand how things like this keep making it through into releases given how much they are pushing the whole IFC 'OpenBIM' thing. They really need to make sure their IFC export does not have major bugs such as this.

cheers,

os
Screen Shot 2012-06-21 at 4.13.38 PM.jpg
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5