Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Archicad 7 Zone analytical area calculation??

Anonymous
Not applicable
i m looking for a feature in archicad 22 that was available in archicad 7, where you could calculate the area of a zone but also break it down to simpler shapes dimensioning each one and producing a list with every calculation or each shape, with a sum at the end.
Here is a photo from our old computer at the office, sorry for the banding.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
papsphilip wrote:
Bruno wrote:
No it's an ArchiCad Feature for a while, it's an Area List, you'll find it under "Documentation/List Extras/Area List" (see attached Image).

What's new in 22 : Area List appears in the Navigator, there's no preconfigure Area List so you have to create your own, but you can create as much as you want (see attached Image).
Thank you for the reply! It would be really helpful if you could explain a bit more how can i produce this area analysis drawing with the corresponding calculations in Archicad 22? Can you provide a bit more specific instruction because i've been looking everywhere but i cant find it
The detail use of this extension is describe in ArchiCad Reference Guide in the Supplement part.
First of all they say that Functions describe in that section are not available in all localized versions, so you may have a version without this feature.

Regards

Bruno Hepp

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Barry Kelly
That must have been a 3rd party add-on.
It certainly isn't anything I have seen built into Archicad (since version 6.5).

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes i think you are right, maybe ArchiSuite by Cigraph has this feature
Anonymous
Not applicable
No it's an ArchiCad Feature for a while, it's an Area List, you'll find it under "Documentation/List Extras/Area List" (see attached Image).

What's new in 22 : Area List appears in the Navigator, there's no preconfigure Area List so you have to create your own, but you can create as much as you want (see attached Image).[attachment=0]Liste de surfaces.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bruno wrote:

What's new in 22 : Area List appears in the Navigator, there's no preconfigure Area List so you have to create your own, but you can create as much as you want (see attached Image).[attachment=0]Liste de surfaces.pdf
Thank you for the reply! It would be really helpful if you could explain a bit more how can i produce this area analysis drawing with the corresponding calculations in Archicad 22? Can you provide a bit more specific instruction because i've been looking everywhere but i cant find it
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am not very familiar with localization-specific ARCHICAD features, but it seems to me that this may be something that was/is? available in German language versions of ARCHICAD.
If anyone knows, please correct me.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
"List Areas.apx" there is also in Greece & German vers. and works only on them - not INT .
The same I am looking for !

regards
Vasilis
Anonymous
Not applicable
vakar wrote:
"List Areas.apx" there is also in Greece & German vers. and works only on them - not INT .
The same I am looking for !

regards
Vasilis
My ArchiCad version is a French one, the "List Areas.apx" works in it. It comes with ArchiCad installation.
Image attached on my previous post

regards
Bruno Hepp
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
papsphilip wrote:
Bruno wrote:

What's new in 22 : Area List appears in the Navigator, there's no preconfigure Area List so you have to create your own, but you can create as much as you want (see attached Image).
The detail use of this extension is describe in ArchiCad Reference Guide in the Supplement part.
First of all they say that Functions describe in that section are not available in all localized versions, so you may have a version without this feature.

Regards

Bruno Hepp
agroni
Booster
LaszloNagy wrote:
I am not very familiar with localization-specific ARCHICAD features, but it seems to me that this may be something that was/is? available in German language versions of ARCHICAD.
If anyone knows, please correct me.
It is also available in the Austrian version...
The BIMster @ AllesWirdGut
Currently: Archicad 26
User since Archicad 6.5 (2001)