Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad Add in 17 to Revit 2017 import error

Anonymous
Not applicable
has anyone seen this error before? I can import the idc file - it even says the import was successful, and then this error pops up. Revit keeps telling me to go to Graphisoft for a solution - I have yet to find one! Help please!

name is already in use.
parameter name: name
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
So you export and IFC from AC17 and you import it into Revit 2017, right?
What you could try is open the exported IFC in Solibri Model Viewer, which is a free IFC viewer. If it comes in properly, then chances are the problem is on Revit's side.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Correct - the architect exports from Archicad 19 to ifc - then I used Revit 2017 and the add in from Archicad to import. I tried multiple files: one for the new project and one of an old project that I know I had been previously able to bring in using Revit 2015 and the Add in for that. Both show no error in Solibri preview. Revit spits out the error I mentioned and when pushed further says that "Revit could not complete the external command. Contact the provider for assistance. Information they provided to Revit about their identity: Graphisoft SE
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I see. That indeed seems like an error in the Revit Add-In provided by GS. In that case there is not much I can offer in the way of help.
Could you please report this to your local reseller, possibly along with the IFC file. They will then send it to GRAPHISOFT on the standard support channels for investigation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for letting me know, I will let the Architect know to open a support case with GS - since I already tried.