BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archicad to 3D Studio Max

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,
I have a rather funny request. I am taking a class on digital media to graduate this semester! And well, my question is this... does anyone know how to take an archicad model and export it into 3D Studio Max. I know how to render in archicad and i love it, it has performed beautifully for me, yet in order to graduate I need to render a model in 3D Studio Max. Therefore I was wondering if anyone out there knew of any suggestions on how to export it, and then import it correctly into Studio Max. I have tried to export as a .dwg with little results only 2-D vectors show up. Is there a way to link the model with its 2d vectors. Thanks to all for reading.

Best,

Chris

MBP 2.16Gz 4GB RAM, Archicad 12 EDU-Version
3 REPLIES 3
Thomas Holm
Booster
Save as 3DS from the 3D window.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Search the forum! There're lmany posts on the subject!
Anonymous
Not applicable
hello,
seraching for this issue i have reached to a page from where I
downloaded the plug-in exporter for max from the site plugins.angstraum.at
They explain well how it works. I actually installed it in max and also appears on the group menu as they say but when trying to import a 3ds file (saved in archicad13) to max 2010 it seems not to be working, I mean it doesnt show up any chart to do any modification. It imports the geom as usuall.
Any idea what´s happening
tks
Learn and get certified!