BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Archiforma versus Encina Objective

Anonymous
Not applicable
I bought Archicad Start Edition recently, and now I want to buy a 3d plugin. What plugin do you think is better?
The price is more o less equal.
Give me opinions please.
(Sorry for my english)
Many thanks.
44 REPLIES 44
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
gemito138 wrote:
I bought Archicad Start Edition recently, and now I want to buy a 3d plugin.
You will get a better answer if you describe the type of work you do and how the add-on is intended to support that work.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am an architect (from Spain) I design mostly single-family homes. I would use to create moldings, fireplaces, custom furniture ....
I have used both addons. I like the work of Objective mode, but ArchiForma has more types of surfaces ...
Anonymous
Not applicable
gemito138 wrote:
I am an architect (from Spain) I design mostly single-family homes. I would use to create moldings, fireplaces, custom furniture ....
I have used both addons. I like the work of Objective mode, but ArchiForma has more types of surfaces ...
can you show me what you cant model with objective ?
i would like to see what will Ralph say about that..mybe it can be part of Objective future . . .
Rakela Raul
Participant
i havent used archiforma in a few yrs but I would pick encina's for several reasons....
in additon that you can model anything you wish w it.
MACBKPro /32GiG / 240SSD
AC V6 to V18 - RVT V11 to V16
Anonymous
Not applicable
Objective is great tool but it have (archicad) fundamental modeling commands

Archiforma is clasic modeler and have more modeling commands

You can model most stuff in objective but sometimes thats a real p.i.a

did you ever try to model lets say round handrail on stairs with Objective
If you did then you know that you will losse a lot of time bending and cuting...moving trough archicad clumsy 3d...section and plan window

That task will be finish in archiforma in 1 min cos i will draw section of profile and i will EXTRUDE it by its path !

archiforma have more advencing modeling tools and you can finish more modeling taks faster comparing to Objective.

These 2 are great and more modeling stuff can be finished in archiforma then in objective but if objective get some new commands...then it will be a differnet story.

Weakest thing in all this story is ArchiCad. AC limits both addons as long as archicad cant display trully sections of round objects it cant be correct architect tool.

If you want to model a building parts then you can take Objective
If you want to model a building parts and MORE then you can take Archiforma

Price:

ArchiForma 2
ArchiCAD plug-in for the creation of objects.
Available for ArchiCAD 8.1, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13.
New Installation Euro 240,00.
Compatibility Update depending on your ArchiCAD version:
- from ArchiCAD 12 Euro 25,00;
-from previous ArchiCAD Euro 35,00.
Version Update from ArchiForma 1 Euro 144,00.

OBJECTIVE
Single License
US$300
i think this addon is free for update which is +
Anonymous
Not applicable
Suggestion to Graphisoft - buy Cigraph - all of it.
Give us their suite of products in ArchiCAD 14.
After a while no one cares where the development came from - just that we have it.
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
... why not?
Ok let's prepare my luggage... it's a long way to Budapest!

Friendly
Fabrizio
Fabrizio Diodati
Graphisoft Italy Srl | Via Rossignago 2/A Spinea Venezia 30038 Italy
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
OBJECTIVE
i think this addon is free for update which is +
Correct - we don't charge just to recompile for new ArchiCAD versions (and maintain feature parity from ArchiCAD 8.1 to 13). You don't need a dongle for OBJECTiVE either, so installation and licence management is really easy. And purchasing multiple licenses is significantly discounted.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally i have bought Archiforma this morning but in the future I want to buy objective too. I think that both are great products maybe archiforma can be more flexible, maybe objective more productive...
Many thanks for your opinion.
Learn and get certified!