Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Artlantis Export - Reference all but cameras

Thomas Holm
Booster
I'd like the export to Artlantis to allow me to reference all BUT the cameras/perspectives from another Artlantis file. If I have set-up lighting, materials etc as I want it, usually all I want to export later from the model is changes in the model and different views.

If I for example want to compose a final rendering with a layer form Archicad's Sketch renderer and a layer with Artlantis Radiosity lighting, it's important that the view is exactly the same in Archicad and Artlantis. Now to get that I have to export and the re-apply the lighting settings in Artlantis. Not funny.

So I want the second option line to be split - the camera/perspective option should have it's own checxkbox!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
4 REPLIES 4
Thomas Holm
Booster
And, for some reason as you can see above, Artlantis won't let me export lights from Archicad. Is this a bug?
Karl Ottenstein
The File > User Reference command in Artlantis itself offers more flexibility I think. I haven't really tested it thoroughly to compare reference there with reference-on-export.

Can't remember the cause of the camera checkbox being locked.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks, Karl, I 'd forgotten that.
Djordje
Ace
Thomas wrote:
And, for some reason as you can see above, Artlantis won't let me export lights from Archicad. Is this a bug?
Are your lights on and specified in the rendering engine as being used?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen