Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Autocad 2006 series causing plotmaker to crash

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have ArchiCAD v9 build 1965. Plotmaker has been very stable however I have been required to install Autocad 2006 series onto the pc as well. Eevr since I plotmaker has been crashing mainly in detail's and panning. No bug reporter window is produced and no events in the eventlog. I have tried installing archicad over the top again however it displays the bug reporter now but doesn't finish loading before crashing out again. Autocad is not open at the time and neither is ArchiCAD. I have uninstalled Autocad 2006 series and plotmaker works perfectly again. Aparently autocad 2006 only installs msi 3 and some flash hooks (which it leaves after being uninstalled) so it seems something within autocad 2006 that is causing the problem. Unfortunatly it seems appears to be a Plotmaker problem even though it really lies within autocad 2006. I have installed the standalone autocad 2006 version and it works fine it only happens on Autocad 2006 series... Anyone else come across this? I am downloading the latest ArchiCAD patch now 2018 and will test this afterwards. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas???
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have patched ArchiCAD to the latest version 2018 however the problem still exists... Is anyone running both ArchiCAD v9 and AutoCAD 2006 series on the same machine without any problems?
Anonymous
Not applicable
From initial findings it appears that the problem only exists when Autocad 2006 is installed on ArchiCAD systems with windows xp service pack 1. If the system is running xp service pack 2, plotmaker does not experience the problem anymore. Plotmaker only seems to be affected by Autocad 2006 not Revit 8 on xp running service pack 1.

Solution at this stage is to uninstall AutoCad 2006 if you are running xp service pack 1 or upgrade to xp service pack 2.