Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Automatic dimensions in windows/doors schedules

dominicus
Contributor
Hi,

I have always been using the automatic dimensions in windows and door schedules.
One thing that I faced today was that I wanted to add sub-dimension to a window in both directions (horisontal and vertical) but this couldn't be added automatically.
Is this the fact or have I missed some setting?
The project has around 400 doors and windows and it would be a huge timesaver to do this automatically.
An upcoming project has almost 800 of them, so you understand my need.

I'm currently using a fairly old window library as the projekt is about 2,5 years old.
Is the dimensioning specific to objects or is it a AC feature that cannot be made to do it with objects updated?

Thanks,

Dominicus

PS. This project is still in AC20
PPS. The signature is really old, should be updated, but cannot do it for this post 😞
db-architects ltd
Dominicus Björkstam
Finland

AC 24 latest build, localized FIN version
Hardware MacbookPro 15" i9 + 32GB Ram + Windows Desktop (win10)
5 REPLIES 5
Barry Kelly
Post moved - this is not a discussion about Archicad.
Please look at the section descriptions and post to an appropriate one.

As far as I know the automatic dimensions are available only for certain overall sizes - based on object hotspots and parameters if I remember correctly.

Any intermediate dimensions have to be added manually.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

I have a query about the automatic dimensions in schedules. Is there a way to change the color and size of text in these dimensions in all of the cells. Because for instance for me now the dimensions are blue and too small, so I have to go one by one cell and change.

Thank you,

Eleni
dominicus
Contributor
The dimensioning text size will be larger if you change the scale of the window/door view in the schedule.
db-architects ltd
Dominicus Björkstam
Finland

AC 24 latest build, localized FIN version
Hardware MacbookPro 15" i9 + 32GB Ram + Windows Desktop (win10)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the suggestion but what about if I do not want to change the scale of the door/window cell? Because in my case I am happy with the size of window view cell I just want the text to be larger.
Eduardo Rolon
The schedule will use as a default the current Dimension settings.
If you want to change them go to floor plan and edit the dimension settings as you want, then switch back to the schedule and toggle the automatic dimension checkmark on/off and they should change.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator