Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

BIMcloud - Remote

Milan
Booster

Hi,

I created a server via BIMcloud on my network, everything fine, since yesterday I noted that is not working on different networks (or different places if you want to call it easier), just within the same network. Different devices and users, but they need to be on a network where I created a BIMcloud server. Okay!

So, I solved it by forwarding cloud ports to my internal IP address, so other users can access from different  places (networks, countries). Checked on my other device but using a different connection, which is working after few hours of sweat and configuration of unknown things.

But there is tweak, and is that BIMcloud can be accessible from other networks only when my PC is ON, ie when Server is online. Is there a solution or way to bypass this thing, ie. to make other users, or even me when I'm on the other place (network) to access the cloud and projects, but keeping the principal computer OFF??

Thanks in advance!!

Milan 

3 REPLIES 3

If the BIMcloud is installed on your computer then that computer has to remain switched on for it to be accessible. It's confusing that it is called BIMcloud as it is in fact all hosted and stored locally if you use the free basic version (BIMcloud Basic). If you want it to be cloud based and accessible all of the time from anywhere then there is a subscription based version where Graphisoft host the BIMcloud for you. We have a set up in our office where we have a Mac Pro running BIMcloud Basic (a separate copy for AC24, 25 and 26). We have then opened the relative ports on our router to allow network traffic through to talk to that machine and we can access it from anywhere. this machine always has to be powered on.

Hope that helps.

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

This website gives an overview of the features of the various versions of BIMcloud.

https://Graphisoft.com/solutions/BIMcloud

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

Ah, that't must be it. I'll consider it 🙂 thanks!