BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

CAD export of single sheet layout does not export with Survey point coordinates

amitchristian
Booster

Survey point coordinates set in Archicad model floor plan view, gets exported in CAD dwg only when we export view map. If we place the same floor plan view in sheet and then export the same sheet to CAD then model space in CAD only reflects project origin coordinates as (0,0) NOT the survey point.

Once we move and rotate survey point, Is there anyway to export single sheet layout with surveypoint coordinates in Archicad.

Please review attached Archicad model and 2 CAD exports (One CAD file of Viewmap export & Second of Sheet layout CAD export), where sheet layout CAD export does not reflect surveypoint coordinates.

5 REPLIES 5
Fabian Keller
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi amitchristian,

as far as I know there is no way to export the drawing placed on a layout in coordination with the survey point. The drawing used on the layout has no direct origin reference anymore.

You write: "Once we move and rotate survey point, Is there anyway to export single sheet layout with surveypoint coordinates in Archicad."

It reads like you managed to save from the layout so that the coordinates related to the survey point were exported. I could not reproduce that.

Or was it rather a question, like:

Once we move and rotate survey point, Is there any way to export single sheet layout with surveypoint coordinates in Archicad ?

I have already pressed the "Structural analysis model" button more than once
Marc H
Advisor

Fabien is correct, model-space to model-space for 'real world coordinates'.  Layouts (aka Paper Space) do not hold those coordinates and are merely scaled depictions.  

If may also help to relate the goal of the file exchange as there may be some other solution options. 

“The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time.” - Abraham Lincoln

AC27 USA on 16” 2019 MBP (2.4GHz i9 8-Core, 32GB DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8G GDDR5, 500GB SSD, T3s, Trackpad use) running Sonoma OS + extended w/ (2) 32" ASUS ProArt PAU32C (4K) Monitors
PVBergkrantz
Expert

The same issue exists for worksheets. The survey point object only exists in the "model space", and not in any worksheet, details or layouts, and thus can't be referenced for coordinates or origin settings for those. I've been in touch with my local Graphisoft representative and they've forwarded a request to implement this to Graphisoft in the future, so we'll see how it goes.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

Good to know. Thank you.

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

There was another thread about this, where @Rubia Torres from Graphisoft provided an answer:

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/Collaborate-forum/Publishing-layout-to-DWG-survey-point-and-revi...

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!