Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculating volumes and surfaces on object type elements?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to calculate volumes and surfaces on objects in ArchiCAD based on their fill type. This is for example if I have a roof construction of wood but made with roof wizard. This tool uses elements from the Object tool and it seems that ArchiCAD does not calculate that in the All Components schedule. I know that I can make a different criteria for objects only but why doesn't it calculate objects with the given criteria already? Thank you
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
seriously? no one knows this one?
Karl Ottenstein
The All Components schedule that you see in Navigator is related to scheduling "components" which in this case takes on one of the three or more meanings that Graphisoft has given to this word throughout the application.

In this case, "component" means the skins of a composite structure, or the various fills of a complex profile. As you can see by looking at the predefined schedule criteria (which are just an example - hard to see how they would be useful as-is) - this filters only those elements that can have a composite fill or a complex profile assigned to them.

You want to generate an Element schedule instead, with proper criteria to get all of your roof elements.

That may be challenging, too, as the fields will not necessarily 'match' for the roof construction objects vs the roof surfaces. In that case, you can either generate several independent schedules to gather up the pieces (e.g., one schedule for the beams/rafters/etc from the object tool and another for the roof surfaces from the roof tool) - or if you must have a single schedule, you'd need to look at using the Calculate Menu and a List Scheme.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB