Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Calculations Crash?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been trying to use the "Set Up List Schemes" option recently, and all I've been getting is a consistent crash. I tried it on different workstations, and the same result. I tried doing it on a new file from scratch (using a template), thinking that I'm going to try to merge the files, but I got the same result. I know I used to be able to do this fairly successfully in the past. Did something change with the latest hotfix that's causing this? Has anybody ran across this? I need to get some schedules out and I can't do squat with all these crashes.

And on a semi-related question, anybody know where all the schedule customizations/schemes are stored? Could I put them on the server and have everybody have access to them?
6 REPLIES 6
Rick Thompson
Expert
If you have an archived version of your Property data and List Templates folders in your library you might want to try changing those. The Property Data or List can become corrupt, it has happen to me and that caused something that sounds similar... once or twice.

All those schemes are in that file in your library, so it's best to make a folder for you stuff and drag it along with upgrading. This is about the worst aspect of Archicad's design... IMHO. It is hard to manage and evolve w/upgrades.

You might have to trash the files you have and start over with a fresh one from you disk. I once built a huge Parametric Assemblies file and it died, so had to rebuild the whole damn thing. A big pain in the butt. If GS ever reworks this part of the software it be a miracle. Thus far they seem to be completely ignoring it.

If you do get something that works and you like... COPY IT IMMEDIATELY for the future.
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Anonymous
Not applicable
What can I say. I was expecting quite a few more replies. Thanks for your help though. It really does appear that it's upgrade related. Unfortunately I've upgraded all our workstations and it's happening consistently, apparently regardless of file opened or anything else that I've tried so far.

I tried to look for the information you supplied, but I can't find it in 9. That's what I was thinking that I'd seen them in that format before. Maybe I'm thinking of earlier versions (v8, v7).

So I guess that effectively I just don't have this feature in my AC anymore. Can't pull any more schedules. The interactive schedule works still (somewhat - can't send to Excel), but not the other customizable ones. Great time to find this one out.

Can somebody please confirm that I am (or am not) the only one that upgraded to 2219 and has these problems? Again, AC does a quick clean exit (like turning of a light) as soon as I click on the "Set up List Schemes..." button in the menu.
Rick Thompson
Expert
I have not updated to 2219, and now I want until I hear about this... as I depend on using the calc functions. It does work in 2045 w/the standard library.. and it works fine in 10, for future reference. It is crashing with a standard off the disk 9 library? The 9 library is the same setup, as far as I can tell.
Picture 1.png
Rick Thompson
Mac Sonoma AC 26
http://www.thompsonplans.com
Mac M2 studio w/ display
Karl Ottenstein
I have only a vague memory of what might be causing the crash. I hate making a foggy post like this, but perhaps it will jog someone else's memory of the precise issue. I searched and couldn't find a reference to this problem.

My vague memory is that there was a problem with one of the list files in either the updated 9 library (download), or the first SE9 library (download) and that replacing that one file eliminated the crash. AFAIK the build of the software is unrelated.

Which library are you using, Sergio? (Not that I remember more to help, but again, it might jog someone else's memory of this crash issue.)

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
My vague memory is that there was a problem with one of the list files in either the updated 9 library (download), or the first SE9 library (download) and that replacing that one file eliminated the crash. AFAIK the build of the software is unrelated.

I finally called my reseller this morning (maybe I should've done that first), and began a bit of troubleshooting. It worked fine after a new and reset. Next I unloaded the regular 9 library, and loaded only the 9US and 9SE, and it crashed right away. Had to run to a meeting and couldn't finish the whole process, but it looks like you may be onto something on that library thing.

I'll try to post the final answer for others that may run into this issue. Or if you remember what the solution was... In the meantime I'll get back to figuring this thing out. Thanks for the help guys.
Anonymous
Not applicable
In case anybody still cares...
Apparently the problem has been solved, though in an awkward way. After some personal troubleshooting and help from my reseller, the solution is as follows:

A couple of libraries need to be loaded INDIVIDUALLY!!!!! You can't just select a directory and have AC automatically load each library in there. VERY counterintuitive. The libraries that I have (need to be?) installed now are the following:
1. <DIR> [BImg] Background Images
2. <DIR> [TImb] Textures
3. <DIR> Lightworks
4. <DIR> List Templates
5. <DIR> Patches
6. AC9 lib for SE9.PLA
7. AC9 Library Special Edition.pla

Any deviation from the above minimums will result in the crash when selecting the "Set Up List Schemes..." option. I tried linking up each directory individually to localize the error, but got inconsistent results. At one time it crashed only after adding "List Templates", but the next time it worked after working backwards and installing each subdirectory individually.

So much for having a clean library tree...