Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can I get doors/windows to inherit properties from the zone?

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
Thinking fire rating and acoustic rating as an example.... Is there a way (properties w expressions?) to have the zone properties "pour" over to the windows and doors so that they can be scheduled?
Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Short answer: NO.
I think you would have to do some coding in the Archicad API to be able to do that.

But I was wondering: should not Doors/Windows inherit the Acoustic Rating (and possibly the Fire Rating) of the Wall they are placed into? Because if they inherit it from the Zone, what happens if the Wall in which the Door/WIndows is placed is between two Zones?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
LaszloNagy wrote:
Short answer: NO.
I think you would have to do some coding in the Archicad API to be able to do that.

But I was wondering: should not Doors/Windows inherit the Acoustic Rating (and possibly the Fire Rating) of the Wall they are placed into? Because if they inherit it from the Zone, what happens if the Wall in which the Door/WIndows is placed is between two Zones?
As suspected . Thx.
The situation is that we want to keep the modules as long as possible but when the same module is placed in several occurrencies where there are different acoustic conditions we need to break the modules. Was thinking if there was a way to "cheat" Archicad but apparently no. A common situation is that we "move" the exterior walls to the master model because if this. It would be very very sweet if there was properties as to where the elements are placed vs properties in module...best of two worlds...but probably weird to manage.
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.