BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Check Duplicates add-on for ArchiCAD15 doesn't check correct

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

1st of all I would like to say to GS, that ArchiCAD15 for team work is a very great tool in hand of architectural team, but has a lot of bugs.

"Check duplicate" add-on is selecting walls that are identical on plan but not in 3d, because of elevation, that's not correct in general!
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
If you read the disclaimers these add ons are not released as complete, so in fairness it is not right to complain.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok,
Goodies are Add-Ons to ArchiCAD that are based on legacy code which Graphisoft does not support anymore. You can use it ‘as is’, but be warned that they might not function properly, and they will not be fixed or upgraded.

...ArchiCAD Hotfix installer will update the goodie tool. You do NOT have to download the goodie again after installing an ArchiCAD Hotfix.
Source: http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ac15/INT.html

It's not funny!

Check duplicate is very important & helpfully tool when you are working in teamwork on large projects. So I think this add-on must be integrated into AC.
http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/ac15/USA.html

Can anyone get the Check Duplicates Add-on for ArchiCAD 15 to load?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steve wrote:
Can anyone get the Check Duplicates Add-on for ArchiCAD 15 to load?
Works here.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Mac and PC too?

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

David Maudlin
Virtuoso
Steve wrote:
Mac and PC too?
Someone else will have to check on the PC version. Does the add-on show in the Add-On Manager? Are the commands Select... (Check Duplicates) and Delete... (Check Duplicates) part of your Work Environment?

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Works here too (PC).
GFBArchitect
Participant
I just loaded the add on for deleting duplicates. The menus are not in English. How do I get the correct ones? They show up in English until loaded then they are not when I use them.
Gayle Berkey, Architect

Littleton, CO

AC-20 USA, ACPI x64 PC, Win10 Pro, i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz 32Gb ram
Andy Thomson
Advisor
AC18 - Check Duplicates no longer a default add-on (not in add-on manager). Looked online - no country options available from 'select your contry' dialogues - pages broken. Anybody using Check Dupes successfully in AC18 - just trying to clean up some exploded PDF mess...

If there is a new command to do the same thing - please enlighten me
Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 2.46.29 PM.png
Andy Thomson, M.Arch, OAA, MRAIC
Director
Thomson Architecture, Inc.
Instructor/Lecturer, Toronto Metropolitan University Faculty of Engineering & Architectural Science
AC26/iMacPro/MPB Silicon M2Pro
Learn and get certified!