Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Collaboration Platform / Sharing Project Documents

Voytek
Booster

I am starting a project where I am using Archicad for concept design, but the rest of the team is developing design further using Revit. As I am not sure how Graphisoft BIMcould could be utilized here, could anyone recommend a collaboration platform / repository of project documents (with version control) which could be shared among the team members?  Such documents are mainly BIM files (in this case Archicad and Revit), IFC/BCF models and PDFs. I was using BIW/Intouch and Conject PM in the past, and I am looking for alternatives. Thanks!

AC 5.0 to AC27 INT Full - Windows 10 Pro for Wokstations - Lenovo P70 - 2.8GHz Intel Xeon - ThinkPad Display 720 x 1280
5 REPLIES 5
jl_lt
Ace

Hi, could you further elaborate why are you choosing that methodology? (Archicad firts then revit)

Hi there, thanks for the reply. To answer your question why Archicad first then Revit: This is not really my choice. Archicad is the software I use and I am already developing concept design with it. I then need consultants, such as detail designer, structural and MEP, to continue the design and produce construction documents. I therefore have a choice to select (1) consultants who use AC or (2) consultants who use any other software. Having consultants who use AC would solve the issue, but unfortunately I am unable to find them. All the qualified consultants available - and these who I consider for the project - use Revit.

AC 5.0 to AC27 INT Full - Windows 10 Pro for Wokstations - Lenovo P70 - 2.8GHz Intel Xeon - ThinkPad Display 720 x 1280

Hi. thanks for answering. Im sorry im not providing an answer to your question, but i would like to make the following suggestion if you allow me:  If you are the project architect or lead designer, dont let that people make you get out of Archicad to endure the pains of Revit. THEY are the ones that should be worrying about how to integrate with Archicad and you.   Lots of luck!

4dProof
Advisor

2 options: have them share their portions out as .ifc and import them using the hotlink module manager or have them save out segments as .rfa and use the revit translator to import them in. There are probably plenty of other workflows, AC reads and writes most formats well; but IFC is the best Revit > Archicad > Revit workflow solution

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2

Thank you for the reply. The workflow you suggest could be certainly utilized and - as you mentioned - there are other workflows which could be used to address software interoperability. My question however, was about a platform where the documents are placed for collaboration purposes, or simply as a project document repository. BTW, I am Employer's Agent for the project, serving a role of Development Manager, in the process of arriving with a concept design (in Archicad), before selecting and engaging consultants. This should be a platform which sits on the client's side, rather than the consultants, and it will be used later in the process to store all the as-built and FM information