Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Composite Wall Core structure listing parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello

Is there a way to list the volume and thickness of the core structure (i.e concrete) of a composite wall?
I only found these parameters for all the other skins except the core skin. Can it be done using formulas?

Thanks !
5 REPLIES 5
Yes. You can do that without any formulas.

It is not very intuitive but if you put he Building Material of your Core as a Criteria and Skin Component Volume as a Field it will display the Volume of that Building Material. However, his is not always going to work out as well as if we could schedule the volume of the designated Core material for a Wall.
I added a few Fields to be sure it works. It would take a few more Criteria to do it properly, but is should work.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, i am wondering if listing component skin volume the method you shown, does that show the wall volume taking into account the windows and doors holes subtracting them? or it is showing the whole volume and doesn't care about the holes.
Barry Kelly
drexdis wrote:
Hello, i am wondering if listing component skin volume the method you shown, does that show the wall volume taking into account the windows and doors holes subtracting them? or it is showing the whole volume and doesn't care about the holes.

I would assume it is taking openings into consideration.
Other fields for wall areas and surfaces have options for gross, net and conditional.
As this volume doesn't, I would assume that it calculates all openings and other connections.

But the best way to be sure is to test it.
Model two walls, one with an opening and one without.
If you get different volumes you know it is deducting the openings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, if it takes into considerations the openings, thanks. I am interested in volume of the skin, is there another way for skin volume? Or this type of schedule is the only one.
Barry Kelly
drexdis wrote:
I am interested in volume of the skin, is there another way for skin volume? Or this type of schedule is the only one.

I am not quite sure what you mean here.
Steve's example shows the skin volume for one particular building material.
If you want more you can add more in the criteria or remove it to get all skins regardless of their building material.
You will probably then need to add a field to list the skin building material so you know which volume belongs to which skin.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11