Hi. I found a few hatch patterns for Revit, and I wish to be available in my ArchiCAD projects.
Is there a way to convert (transform) a hatch pattern from Revit to ArchiCAD? Could IFC convert them? If so, how to proceed?
If your Revit hatch patterns are stored in a .pat file (ASCI) like this one example from IntelliCAD.......
*APPIAN2,APPIAN STONE 2 STONE PATTERN
....YES IS POSSIBLE. Read more to know how:
1. Copy the .pat file/s into Support folder of AutoCAD (or IntelliCAD, free Dassault DraftSight, free IMSI DoubleCAD XT....)
2. Run AutoCAD (or others one), draw a simple rectangle and HATCH it with one of this new patterns from Revit
3. Repeat step 2 for all other patterns from Revit
4. Save as (for example) AAA.dwg (AutoCAD 2002-2010, depends on your ArchiCAD version)
5. In ArchiCAD >File >External Content >Place External Drawing >AAA.dwg
6. Select AAA.dwg >Edit >Reshape >Explode into current view >Keep drawing primitives only >OK
7. Now you have Revit patterns available into ArchiCAD attributes.