BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Corrupt Text while exporting to Autocad

Anonymous
Not applicable
The Chinese texts are normal in Archicad, and corrupt while exporting in Autocad. Any help!
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kent wrote:
The Chinese texts are normal in Archicad, and corrupt while exporting in Autocad. Any help!
Srinivas
Booster
I guess it is not corrupted but the problem could be that Autocad may be missing the Shx file. Although I never had experience with Chinese fonts, I believe, coping the Chinese font shape file (SHX) into AutoCAD font search path (C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2XXX\Fonts). ArchiCAD should save a shx file while saving into AutoCAD

Also check that the path is available in the following location, under the Options command < Files tab < Support File Search Path < C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2XXX\fonts.

Hope this helps.
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
The fonts is not missing. I could type the Chinese words correctly in the Autocad with the same fonts.

Thank still for your answer.

Actully Autocad have the fonts.
Srinivas wrote:
I guess it is not corrupted but the problem could be that Autocad may be missing the Shx file. Although I never had experience with Chinese fonts, I believe, coping the Chinese font shape file (SHX) into AutoCAD font search path (C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2XXX\Fonts). ArchiCAD should save a shx file while saving into AutoCAD

Also check that the path is available in the following location, under the Options command < Files tab < Support File Search Path < C:\Program Files\AutoCAD 2XXX\fonts.

Hope this helps.
Srinivas
Booster
I haven't got any Chinese Fonts on my PC to test this, when you open the autocad drawing that you saved from ArchiCAD it will ask for a shx file to load, did you try loading the shx file archicad saves along with the dwg file?
ArchiCAD Services
ArchiCAD since v9 to latest
iMac, Windows 10
Anonymous
Not applicable
Finally I figure out how to solve the problem. I have to choose the CHINESE_BIG5 which is the right Text Encoding.

Srinivas wrote:
I haven't got any Chinese Fonts on my PC to test this, when you open the autocad drawing that you saved from ArchiCAD it will ask for a shx file to load, did you try loading the shx file archicad saves along with the dwg file?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Kent wrote:
Finally I figure out how to solve the problem. I have to choose the CHINESE_BIG5 which is the right Text Encoding.

Srinivas wrote:
Learn and get certified!