Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Crash in AC 25: Caused by "Element information > element's surface"

Arch Willingham
Contributor

In Archicad 25, if I click on Window > Pallets > Element information > element's surface and then click on a slab (any type), Archicad 25 immediately crashes.

It does not do it with walls, roofs, etc. I have tried different types of slabs but all kill it.

Bug ID: AC25-2022-01-06-23-10-54-1857

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
4dProof
Advisor

Just confirmed this crash is repeatable on multiple files. Report to GSNA, your local reseller, or any other contacts at graphisoft... definitely a bug that will need to be picked up in a future update/hotfix

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
Arch Willingham
Contributor

OK...I filed a bug report.

Thanks!

Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni

Hello,

Thank you very much for the report and I am very sorry for the problem!
Based on the crash report, I found that this is a known problem, recorded as DEF-5895. Due to missing calculation rules, the crash happens with the Element Information palette.

The issue will be fixed in Update 3 for Archicad 25. 

I hope this answers your question. Once again, we are very sorry for the inconvenience! Please let us know if you have any further comments!

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

kevin b
Contributor

I am having same issue, hopefully fixed soon.

kevin s burns, AIA

massachusetts, usa

AC25 (1413), since AC6

Windows 10

Intel Core i7 -8700 @ 3.2 GHz~ 16 GB ram

Its been almost six weeks with no resolution. Has development of Archicad 25 stopped? Are there any updates planned?

There is a 'Preview' update that is available for certain language versions that say this issue has been fixed.

https://community.graphisoft.com/t5/What-s-new/Archicad-25-Update-5000-Preview-Released/td-p/328899

You could try that if you are using one of those language versions.

Or wait a little longer for the proper update.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

problem is; I manage over 6 dozen licenses and their projects, bim servers, libraries, etc... trying to coordinate all that and expect them to run updates with every beta preview would be impossible... don't need half releases or "wait until (insert date/release version here)" promises.

BIM solutions and trouble shooting (self proclaimed) expert. Using Archicad 26 5002 US on Mac OS 11.5.2
MichaelWelch
Participant

Is it fixed?

I want to know whether it is fixed or not for my friend. And I was looking online for the best tool to help me easily complete my essay writing assignment on time when I came across the website https://letsgradeit.com/review/assignmentexpert/ It helps me to choose the best website for completing my essay writing responsibilities on time and makes it possible for me to complete my essay writing tasks on time. If you also want to finish writing your essay, go to this website and choose the best option for you.

Why not try it and let us know?

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11