Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWF Model export

Bruce
Expert
Two questions:

1. Does anyone know how to export an ArchiCAD model (i.e. 3d, not 2d) as a DWF file?

2. If not, can someone suggest the equivalent for non-ArchiCAD owners viewing ArchiCAD models (without having to purchase heap-um expensive software).
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC26 5002 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Bruce wrote:
1. Does anyone know how to export an ArchiCAD model (i.e. 3d, not 2d) as a DWF file?
I would guess "Save as" from the 3D window - never tried it so I am not sure.
Bruce wrote:
2. If not, can someone suggest the equivalent for non-ArchiCAD owners viewing ArchiCAD models (without having to purchase heap-um expensive software).
There is BIMx (was Virtual Building Explorer pre version 15) that will produce a model that any one else can view for free but it will cost the Archicad user for the software.

Similarly there is iVisit (I think it is called) but the Archicad user also requires Artlantis so again a cost to the user.

One free method I do know of is U3D files in a PDF document.
But that is good for only very small files. It is useless on anything even remotely large.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Djordje
Ace
You can not export 3D DWF from ArchiCAD 3D or any other window. You can DWG and DXF

IFC. Miles better than DWF. The viewers are free. Solibri, Tekla BIMSight ...

Only ... the model is not rendered, like in BIMx. But it is better looking than DWF.

For the client to be awed, BIMx is the best option. It will work on the computer that it is created on without the commercial license, so bring your laptop to the meeting ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Sometimes using another type of file (IFC, BIMx,... you name it) is not an options. For exemple, some Administration's competitions for hiring architecture design services in Portugal require the use of signed DWFx for drawing files and signed PDF/A for text files.
Leonardo JC Braga
Architect
------------------
Archicad 23 / MacbookPro 13", 2.7 GHz Dual Core i5, 8GB, MacOS Catalina
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
DWF is also available as a file format in Publisher Sets, so you can place 2D/3D Views in the Publisher Set and publish then as DWF in a single step.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
CarlsonW
Participant
Sorry, I'm not sure you can export the model to dwf format.
can you show me how to set it up?
Barry Kelly
CarlsonW wrote:
Sorry, I'm not sure you can export the model to dwf format.
can you show me how to set it up?

From the floor plan go to the FILE menu.
'Save As' and change the file type to DWF.

Or as Laszlo said, you can set up Publisher to save DWF files.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11