BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

.DWG drawings bug

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here what i have do:

I have opened, a .dwg 2d drawing file in archicad 12. Selected the specific part, and then went to Edit -> Copy
Next, i have opened a new archicad blank page, and made a new story below my floor plan. Then went to Edit -> Paste.

Now everything seems to be fine. I have done this process many times until now. I was drawing some 2d lines in Autocad, and then paste it to the Archicad.

But 2 days ago, a strange thing countinuos to happen again, and again: when i try to select (selecting with the rectangle, not a selecting a single object by clicking on it) this new group of lines, the archicad simply blocks. And it won`t work after that.

I have tried this many times, and i get the same result. I tried even at my friends pc, and still the same thing happens.

What seems to be the problem, and why the archicad is blocking, when i try to select several lines that i have copied from the .dwg file?
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Just a shot in the dark: how far is the drawing from the Project Origin?
If it is very far that may give strange results.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
the project is about a week old.

I have noticed one more thing last night: when i try to trim a line, the archicad also freezes. This is related (as the selecting with rectangular) also, only to the story that has a .dwg lines pasted on it (on other stories, where i have only archicad lines and 3d objects, this is not happening).
Learn and get certified!