Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DXF Translator

KeesW
Advocate
I've loaded Archicad v8.1 and am needing to import a DXF drawing. Unfortunately, my translator attributes do not include 'Fills (save methods)" as described in the Archicad User Guide Vol 2 page 150.

Is there a setting I've missed?
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

cornelis wegman architects
AC 5 - 26 Dell XPS 8940 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD 2TB HD RTX 3070 GPU
Laptop: AC 24 - 26 Win 10 16GB 1TB SSD RTX 3070 GPU
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
KeesW wrote:
I've loaded Archicad v8.1 and am needing to import a DXF drawing. Unfortunately, my translator attributes do not include 'Fills (save methods)" as described in the Archicad User Guide Vol 2 page 150.

Is there a setting I've missed?
Go to Tools/DXF-DWG Translation Setup and change the Translator settings as needed before opening the DXF.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
KeesW
Advocate
Thank you Djordje. It was set correctly in Tools. There must be a problem with the DXF file I was given. the client's hard copy showed fill, but her DXF copy of the same drawings do not.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Djordje
Ace
KeesW wrote:
Thank you Djordje. It was set correctly in Tools. There must be a problem with the DXF file I was given. the client's hard copy showed fill, but her DXF copy of the same drawings do not.
How are your fills set? If it is bitmap, you will not see anything when you open DXF or DWG. You need vectorial fills on in your Display options.
Djordje

HP Omen
KeesW
Advocate
Djordje
Thank you again. Options ARE set on vectorial fills but it still doesn't show. I'll get my client to check her file.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman

Djordje
Ace
KeesW wrote:
Djordje
Thank you again. Options ARE set on vectorial fills but it still doesn't show. I'll get my client to check her file.
Hmmmm ... do you see an X with a line starting from the middle of it left or right approximately where the center of the fills should be?

What happens when you load the DXF, activate the fill tool, and hit CTRL-A (select all)? If anything is selected, the fills are there, but - as AutoCAD knows nothing about scale - the fill lines might be too far apart. If you opened the DXF at the units it was made in, and at the scale it was made for, all should be well.

Another option is that the pen of the fills is the same as your background pen? Check it if there is anything selected when you Select all.
Djordje

HP Omen
KeesW
Advocate
Djordje

I have tried CTRL-A and nothing appears. I don't think that her file includes the fill. I'll contact her and see if we can sort it out.

Thanks again.
Cornelis (Kees) Wegman