Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Electrical engineering needs in AC24

deivarch
Participant
My electrical engineer is considering switching to Archicad to join me in the bimcloud. He expressed his biggest concern is what Archicad apparently lacks in terms of electrical engineering functionality:

Specifically, in Revit MEP, he said he is able to assign outlets and lights to specific circuits and then have those loads automatically build out a distribution panel schedule. I'm not sure exactly how this would work, but I'm asking on his behalf as I would love to get him on AC24 so we can work together in the bimcloud. Thanks!
1 REPLY 1
Nader Belal
Mentor
@deviarch

And I'm a GDL scriptor/programmer, and I will explain few things to you:
  • ArchiCAD wasn't designed to deal with MEP requirments in general, but it can model the instalations quiet efficiently.
  • ArchiCAD have a collection of reserved parameters of MEP, but unfortionalty for the electric field, the amount of reserved parameters is lacking compared to other aspects of MEP within ArchiCAD.
  • There is a company that have made a plugin for electric instalations for ArchiCAD, you should check it out.
  • ArchiCAD have a good understanding with programs that are MEP related such as DDSCAD or CYPEMEP.
  • If I didn't get the wrong idea, working in BIMCloud doesn't mean that you must adopt ArchiCAD, in fact you can work with the program of your choice, with an ArchiCAD model uploeaded to BIMCloud, but you should ask someone who is familiar working with the BIM Cloud.
Side note:
In this thread MEP PRODUCT RESEARCH I was invited to put my comments about what users needed in terms of MEP to improve its current state. I think you should add anything you feel that it's necessary.
A good friend of mine have once told me that I´m so brute that I´m capable of creating a GDL script capable of creating GDLs.