Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Element Schedule Bug?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I use the element Schedule to creats a window list for D&W manufacturers.

I add a custom text column to manually insert text indicating lintel size.

Lately (the latest updates?) whenever I add text the schedule freezes/ slows down. where as before it was instant...

Is this A bug? can it be fixed?

refer attached schedule.
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
the attachment is missing.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for letting me know!
Karl Ottenstein
It loaded your schedule scheme (in future, maybe just post a screenshot of the settings).

I had no speed issues, but only tested after correcting your criteria. There is no way for the scheduler to know how to group the 'and' and 'or' conditions as you intended without parentheses. See the attached showing your original criteria and the corrected criteria.

Try these changes and see if performance improves.

Cheers,
Karl
schedule-settings.jpg
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl,
Thanks for your reply.
I have applied your recommendations however they have made no difference. I have been using those settings for a couple of years now at least without any issue.
It only seems to be the latest updates.
Karl Ottenstein
Dwayne wrote:
I have applied your recommendations however they have made no difference. I have been using those settings for a couple of years now at least without any issue.
It only seems to be the latest updates.
Sorry that didn't help with the speed/etc. You might want to report to tech support - who may well need your file, or enough of the walls with W/D to be able to reproduce the speed issue. I've seen another, unrelated, slowdown in schedules in 15 ... and if you haven't seen this delay in earlier versions, then GS should track down the cause.

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB