BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Experiences with ArchiStair 2.0

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just bought ArchiStair 2.0 upgrading from 1.0.

It appears to do everything I might need, but despite the videos, I find
the interface is less than intuitive. I also seem to be having problems with the stringers.

Any of you out there use 2.0 (or 1.0) and care to share your impressions and experiences?

Thanks,

Don Lee
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thought I would bump this to the top.

Thanks,

Don Lee
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Don,

I really like ArchiStair 2.0 - much more so than 1.0. The level of control, design flexibility, and the editable hotspots for adjusting things are great IMHO.

What problem were you having with your stringers?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl:

Thought I had posted a reply, but it didn't go through.

When I set the stringer to be 4" thick it became irregular in shape at the landing, but only on the inside corner of an L shaped stair. I sent the file to Fabrizio and he told me I had found a bug. Apparently, 2.0 was a major rewrite and this bug only occurs under specific conditions and he is working on a fix.

I admit to not being really great at cad, but to me the interface of Archistair 2.0 is not that easy. A large part of this is due to the fact that building a 3d stair with its many variables is a very complex thing. I did the rough tread layouts in Stairmaker and the rest in 2d for the moment. Fabrizio asked that I send him a sketch of the stair that I wanted and he would try to make it in Archistair. I have to say that Fabrizio has been very fast and detailed in his responses to my questions.

Part of my dilemma is that as a sole practitioner, I really don't have the time (or inclination) to juggle a number of different add-on programs that have protection keys and different interfaces. This is not meant as a direct criticism of Fabrizio, as they make great products, but rather a comment on ArchiCad in general.

Thanks,

Don Lee
Learn and get certified!