Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting IFC from AC11 to Revit????

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We're trying to export from AC11 to Revit 2008.

Could someone from GS please tell us what works? So far it looks pretty useless.

TIA

Adri
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
this is pretty urgent by the way...I've a meeting tomorrow with structural engineers who are expecting some results...as am I.

I'm just conducting an experiment to see if AC11 is able to open the IFC that AC11 itself created just a few minutes ago...if it can then is all the blame to lie with Autodesk? IFC Org? Who?

One thing that can be said is that it takes forever for AC11 to create the file and an eternity for Revit to try and open it.

Please GS. A little guidance.

TIA

Adri
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

We have exported several models from Archicad 11 to Revit Structure 2008.

Most have gone quickly but one took ages, over an hour. We are still trying to find the difference, my hunch is lots of complicated 3D furniture.

Importing to Revit takes time, but the results have been reasonably good.
Djordje
Ace
adri wrote:
Hi

We're trying to export from AC11 to Revit 2008.

Could someone from GS please tell us what works? So far it looks pretty useless.

TIA

Adri
IFC 2.3
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Mark wrote:
Hi,

We have exported several models from Archicad 11 to Revit Structure 2008.

Most have gone quickly but one took ages, over an hour. We are still trying to find the difference, my hunch is lots of complicated 3D furniture.

Importing to Revit takes time, but the results have been reasonably good.
I am just delving into this realm as well. I understand the CURVES in plan tend to mess things up.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop