Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Exporting one storey to IFC

pejotu
Participant
When exporting just one storey of a multi-storey project to IFC, I have an issue regarding the stairs of the floor below showing up in the export. How ca nI save a view, that will only export the contents of one floor?
Different ways of exporting an IFC that I've tried:

1) export visible from a plan view: the stairs of the floor below get exported also.
This is logical, b/c they show up in the plan view, but as said, I would like to exclude them from the export.

2) export selected from plan view: If not selected, the stairs from the floor below are of course not exported.
A good choice, but some issues: this can't be saved as a view, so it's a manual process every time, and it's possible to miss some elements that don't show on the plan.

3) Create a 3D view, with just the one floor showing ("Filter elements in 3D, From story X, to Story X"), export visible: The stairs of the floor below are included in the 3D view, and the export.
Is this a bug? Why would the stairs of the floor below be shown in a view that is limited to another floor?

4) export selected from the 3D is of course always possible also, but again, this can't be saved as a view, so at every export the selection needs to be done manually

Working in
AC23 Finnish
Windows 10
2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend
Using Export Visible could you maintain two view sets used only for IFC export, one with stairs and one without or a hybrid set with different layers settings?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
JSN
Enthusiast
Please add screenshots it is indeed painful to add them here in the forum but then people will understand what's your problem rather fast.