BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Expression question

Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I was just asked if it's possible to create a schedule for those zones that accomodates X number of objects. The schedule should show the X objects for the zones with X objects. I can make an expression "no of objects" and use it to filter out all zones with X no of objects (schedule element type is zone) but I can't get that schedule to show all the objects names and ID (element type is object). I suspect it's impossible but I am very noobish with expression so I throw this out here.
Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
3 REPLIES 3
poco2013
Mentor
I think you have too many X's in your question to really understand exactly what you want to schedule. A example might help.

So I'll just answer in general.

You can use a expression (property) to filter out zones based on some criteria - whether true/false or some returned string. Zone properties include the number of items contained within-- as in objects, windows/doors, walls etc. So you could do a criteria based on the number of objects within.

There is noway, that I know, to get the ID of those contained objects. However, I believe, that could be done using Python to create a object list using the command "GetElementsRelatedToZones" , then Adding that list to a property of that zone. That would involve a separate step of having to first execute the script to update. If I am correct, you will, however, have to wait until the release of 24.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor
Hi,
I agree about the too many X's...

It basically "for zones with a specific property value, show all objects and their ID".

It's a double operation that I can't make...like you say Python is the way to go.
Br,
Mats
AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.
Barry Kelly
I am not sure if I quite follow.
But to me it sounds like you need to set up your zones with the required specific property value.
Then the rest is done in the schedule.
You filter the criteria for all objects in a zone with a specific property value.
Then in the fields you list the object name and ID.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!