Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Expressions Error

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having problems trying to use Skin Component Area in expressions. The error I'm receiving is "Expressions contains circular reference"

Is this the correct approach/parameters to do calculations with for complex profiles with multiple materials?
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Andrew wrote:
if I wanted to get the position of my window/door to determine architraves on one or both sides - I'd have to obtain it from a string parameter and use the text editor functions to have it return TRUE/FALSE?
I am a bit confused what the position would have to do with architraves.
Wouldn't this be a parameter you turn on/off in the object.
That would be your true/false.
If true then it is (window width +window height)*2 and for doors door width + door height *2.

This doesn't allow for full height windows or corner windows if that is what you mean by position.
But architraves which are added as part of the object will best be calculated in the object.
Which may be a problem if you are using the Graphisoft doors and windows (I am unfamiliar with them as I don't use them).

Barry.
For position, I mean internal doors having architraves for both sides and external doors only one side. I'm using archicad doors/libraries which have been modified, so there's only heights and widths but no actual perimeter of all the sides.

Anyway, I think I have enough to keep me busy for a good while. Appreciate all the help.