Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Fileformat other than IFC to export to Autodesk Revit?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, my questian is:
Is it any format i can export my Archicad files that dont lose any geometric data?
DWG, is it any problem with exportin to this format?

Im told that IFC needs a addin to be exportet the corect way but also missing some element when its exported.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
sondre02@hotmail.com wrote:
I am told that the IFC works well as long as it does not contain trimmed geometry. Do you know if there is any solution to this?
It's false you only had to use the good parameters
Will the Dwg format only be possible export format for Autocad?
DWG, DXF and DWF too (like ifc you had to use the good parameters
Have you used "IFC Model Exchange" before? I have read that this supplement will work well for export of IFC.
Yes but I always got better results by setting myself my export ifc according to my needs (import and export)

For those who do not want to look at the subject it remains a partially relevant solution since it is not specific to a project and its needs
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ifc export from Archicad to Revit do not lose any geometry data if you correctly set the export translator ifc and if the Revit user knows how to use an ifc correctly (import translator)

If you only want geometry you can export a :
- fbx file by the twinmotion export
- 3ds file by the goodies plugin (Download Goodies for ARCHICAD)
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the quick reply

I am told that the IFC works well as long as it does not contain trimmed geometry. Do you know if there is any solution to this?

Have you used "IFC Model Exchange" before? I have read that this supplement will work well for export of IFC.
Solution
It's false you only had to use the good parameters
DWG, DXF and DWF too (like ifc you had to use the good parameters
Yes but I always got better results by setting myself my export ifc according to my needs (import and export)

For those who do not want to look at the subject it remains a partially relevant solution since it is not specific to a project and its needs
Christophe - FRANCE