BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

From ArchiCad 19 to ArchiCad 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone,

I have been going nuts about 2 days now on how to save or export Archicad 19 project so it could be opened in Archicad 16. Tried DWG-s but as it seems then theres no 3D. Basically its just that the file could be opened in Archicad 16 for viewing in 2D and 3D. Editing is not even needed. Getting an message "Non Autodesk DWG" in TrueView - with what setting should the DWG created in AC19 ?
5 REPLIES 5
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
dnbforces:

Unfortunately, in AC19 you will need to Save As... AC 18 Project, then open that file in AC 18 and Save As... AC 17 Project, then open that file in AC 17 and Save As... AC 16 Project. New features will be dropped as you go backwards. In the Help files see: Migration Guide for ArchiCAD 19 > Migrating from ArchiCAD 8.1 or 9 > Back-Saving from ArchiCAD 19 to ArchiCAD 18.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for the response David. I thought that it might be such a pain to get it backwards compatible.

Would it be possible to create DWG then what has 2D and 3D views and would be possible ti view with DWG TrueView or with that online version? I went through all the settings but without any luck.
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Save as .SKP and import the .SKP to get some 3D.

Or install 18 and 17, if you have a 19 license, I believe you should be able to install them.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
You can also try to save as IFC from AC19 and open the IFC in AC16.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
dnbforces:

Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, a few more options:
1. For a walk-through 3D Model, try saving the AC file in the BIMx format. With BIMx Pro, layouts can be added to the file.
2. The other user can install AC 19 without a license. They can open and view the file in Demo Mode, but will not be able to save.
3. Save the file as DWG from the 3D Window, then the other user can open that file as an Object. It will be a single object of the entire model.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Learn and get certified!