BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

From Archicad to Revit keeping transparent material

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I'm working on an architectural project in Archicad and now want to export my model to Revit in order to use their Cloud render service (I'm a student with limited computing resources). I've been trying to export my AC model experimenting with different IFC settings and been able to export models with very accurate geometry to Revit, but I cannot get a Revit version that keeps the transparency of material (glass etc) from the AC model. Nor have I figured out how o assign new material properties to elements once opened in Revit. I've installed the "Archicad to Revit connection" add-on, but still no luck.

The annoying thing is that I'm pretty sure I've managed to do this before, that is exporting model from AC to Revit while keeping material transparency, but now I can't for the life of me reproduce that result.

I would say I'm an intermediate user of both AC and Revit, but new to the IFC format and it's settings.

Very thankful for any pointers in the right direction!

Erik

AC20 Edu.
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!