Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Get string content from exploded text element

BenjiDev
Enthusiast

Hi,

how can i get the string content from an exloded 3D text? 

Say i have the 3D text "ads" that i explode like this:

BenjiDev_0-1650042964345.png

The exploded text will then become a group of lines/arcs etc. 

How can i get the text content as say a std::string or GS::Unistring from the exploded text?

It is easy to get it from the original element by looking at the object parameter "Text" using some ACAPI_​LibPart_* calls:

BenjiDev_1-1650043188336.png

But in a real use case i only have access to the exloded version. 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Long one indeed!

The easiest way I'd imagine is too have the exploded text be in the current viewport, make a screenshot, let OCR run over that screenshot... yeah. No easy way out here.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |
«Furthermore, I consider that Carth... yearly releases must be destroyed»

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
runxel
Legend

So.... you want to do OCR? 😂

In short: you won't.

Lucas Becker | AC 27 on Mac | Author of Runxel's Archicad Wiki | Editor at SelfGDL | Developer of the GDL plugin for Sublime Text |

Dont laugh! 😭 I had hoped there was an easy way but I figured it was a long shot. Thanks

Solution

Long one indeed!

The easiest way I'd imagine is too have the exploded text be in the current viewport, make a screenshot, let OCR run over that screenshot... yeah. No easy way out here.