BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Google Earth model "move"

Tom Krowka
Booster
I seem to be having a hard time getting the model to be in the correct orientation on GE. Have the project North on the model set correctly per my survey; I would think it would align correctly with GE.

Also, how can I be sure the imported GE mark on the model and the GE location on GE itself are the same in terms of exact location and orientation. I must be missing something; I can get it close but not perfect. Am trying to place my building model in a tight spot and it needs to be right on.

One more thing....once I get the model placed on GE and close both GE and AC, is the model permanently placed? Do I have to send it to 3D warehouse at any point in the process to get the model to be able to be seen by anyone using GE?
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
1 REPLY 1
Tom Krowka
Booster
As usual with many questions I post, I found the answer after working a bit more.
If you select the model once it's in place in GE, you can move, rotate, etc. It is easy to fine tune the model location. Nice!
Tom Krowka Architect
Windows 11, AC Version 26
Thomas@wkarchwk.com
www.walshkrowka.com
Learn and get certified!