Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Graphic Cards with Archicad 25

Peachy
Participant

Hi Community

Are there any known problems with graphics cards not mentioned in the list of recommended Graphics Cards tested with Archicad 25, as for example:
AMD Radeon Pro W5500 8GB
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB ?

We want to optimize a custom PC (CPU AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, 32 GB RAM, Chipset Mainboard AMD B550)
with one of the Graphic Cards above for working at home.
Just to ensure, that Archicad will work with this hardware.

4 REPLIES 4
ryejuan
Advisor

i think both GPUs will work fine. Archicad mostly use processor and ram. 

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards

Archicad uses the GPU in many areas, it uses hardware acceleration in 2D (it can even used antialiasing in 2D as can be set in the Advanced Redraw Options page of the Work Environment Dialog)., and it uses the GPU in 3D extensively. And now, since Archicad 25 Update 2, the Redshift Rendering Engine uses the GPU exclusively. So it is important to have a high-performance GPU, especially for Redshift.

However, I agree that both those cards should provide enough performance for Archicad.

Regarding Redshift, you should check the recommended GPUs on Maxon's Redshift page:

https://www.maxon.net/en/requirements/redshift-requirements

Edit: April 27, 2022

Please note that Redshift currently works only with Nvidia GPUs on Windows, so AMD GPUs are not an option if you want to use Redshift in Archicad 25 Update 2 or later on Windows.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27

yes i also agree with you but its not stated which hardware Archicad is using in the advance redraw so i assume it would be processor and ram.🤔

ryejuan_0-1642728585262.png

for Redshift yes you would need a good GPU. 

I found that my 5 year old 1080ti still can handle it though. 😊

In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Hardware acceleration is always done by the GPU. The page talks about redraw options which is a graphical thing so the graphics card (GPU) performs related tasks.

Regarding Redshift: I am simply saying what Maxon says and they clearly state on their page the recommended GPUs. I have not myself worked with Redshift yet so can not comment any more on those recommendations.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27