BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Graphic Template and Area Unit explanation?

Anonymous
Not applicable
In project preferences, calculation units & rules there is a Note saying "Calculations using Graphic Templates will override these settings"
I typed "Graphic Template" into the help file search box, and then into this site's search engine, and nothing came up that actually explains the term. Can someone please enlighten me?

...and the reason I'm in the project preferences in the first place...

The "Area Unit" is set to "square meter", but my zones are still showing areas in mm². Presumably it's this "Graphic Template" that's to blame? If so, where do I find it?
2 REPLIES 2
David Maudlin
Virtuoso
dv_chris:

The setting is under Project Preferences > Dimensions > Area Calculations button (right-most button). The Graphic Template is a type of List from the old List Schemes (superseded by Interactive Schedules).

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks David,
That answers my first question.
And in the meantime I've also found out the answer to my second question. A zone's area units is actually controlled under
Options->Project Preferences->DIMENSIONS, where there is an option for Area calculations as the last icon in the row
Learn and get certified!