BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

HELP!!! Archicad to cinema 4d export units Scaling

Anonymous
Not applicable
need some help getting this to work, set up my units in archicad to feet, I do the same in cinema, then in archicad I do save as and it ask me for the geometry scaling, I've tried every combination an the model does not comes in to scale in cinema. could some body give the work flow on this.

i have e cube 200x200x200 feet in cinema and one with the same size in archicad for comparison and no matter the combination of scales I do they don't match please help me!!!!!
3 REPLIES 3
Eduardo Rolon
One option is to scale the AC export using 39.37 in Cinema. Apparently changing the export scale in 3DS format does not do anything in AC. This is a Bug

You can download this plugin which works perfectly and you can specify the 39.37 factor in it.

http://dinnye.neobase.hu/content/downloads
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
does it work the same with Cinema, what number should I put on the archicad options geometry scaling, when saving as .ac4d, and what on the import in C4D.. thank you so much for your help!!!
Eduardo Rolon
You need to Install the PlugIn for AC and you need to install the Import PlugIn for C4D.

In AC when you export the file select 39.37 as your scale factor.

To Import the Geometry in C4D you have to go under the PlugIns -> Import AC.

The advantage of using this plugin is that if your model changes then you can update it without having to reapply all the materials.

Do a search in the forums for more info.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!