Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How many users use BIM software?

Mario Sacco
Expert
Someone can help me to find how many users us the main software BIM such us: Archicad, Revit, Allplan, Microstation ecc...

Thank you.
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
4 REPLIES 4
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Well, good luck with that.
I would be interested in it as well. But companies do not really publicly state such things nowadays.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Actually, Vectorworks just had an event on which they said they have 500000+ users:

https://twitter.com/jw_ouellette/status/593065741009743873

What I don't know is how many of these are architects, since Vectorworks has modules for general design, landscape designers, stage designers, etc., not only architects.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
In my experience in Perth West Australia most large architectural firms are running 50%+ BIM, mostly Revit, some Archicad but not much. But this is BIM to produce conventional documents. I am aware of only one true large BIM project in Perth. Very few clients are interested in the full BIM process and the extra costs/advantages that it brings.

Are Allplan and Microsation true BIM? Interestingly the project home market here in WA (housing) and design and construct firms are mostly Archicad. At our firm we are about 85% Revit with a bit of AutoCAD. I still use Archicad for my own private work.

The big complex projects use a variety of sofware such as Rhino Grasshopper/Revit/Autocad etc to deliver
Anonymous
Not applicable
HarryM wrote:

Are Allplan and Microsation true BIM?
Civil engineers will tell you its more BIM than AC and VWs
HarryM wrote:

The big complex projects use a variety of sofware such as Rhino Grasshopper/Revit/Autocad etc to deliver
If you are working in a truely collaborative environment then you will appreciate direct live links to engineering and simulations, this doesnt really effect me as I am the first person in and I can do all prelim (D&A) work, by the time it gets past me I am out (but i have influence/oversee in where it goes).
Completing the cycle will be when the sims go back to the clients eventually via apps to generate new deals. IMO Architectural BIM is stalling, while engineering BIM Sims/Apps will be the next big growth area in BIM
Interesting facts on Solidworks here
https://www.solidworks.com/sw/docs/Corp_FactSheet_2014Q4.pdf