Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

How to add a parameter for fixed or openable in schedules?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi!

Does anyone knows how to get the parameter for openable or fixed in to the window schedules? I tried the orientation parameter but it was a bit strange because even though the window is fixed the schedule shows it as openable.

An other question is about the window settings. If I use the command Mirror, some of the settings is getting mirrored such as "door swing direction" and the side of "series connection". Should it be that way?

.. and a third one, does anyone have a recommendation of some site for translating this kind of english terms? Google translate can't really handle it

Thanks!
3 REPLIES 3
Stress Co_
Advisor
Wiklund wrote:
Does anyone knows how to get the parameter for openable or fixed in to the window schedules? I tried the orientation parameter but it was a bit strange because even though the window is fixed the schedule shows it as openable.
BUMP

I have the same problem.
Fixed window (W Fixed 16) shows a L/R orientation in window schedule.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Barry Kelly
The L/R orientations that you are using in your schedules are simply telling you which way you placed the window with the last click of the mouse as you choose the window reveal side.
i.e. did you pick to the left side of centre or the right with the last mouse click.

If you want a true opening value then you will need to have it scripted in your window (if it isn't already) to say whether it is fixed or openable or in more detail if it opens on the left or the right or both (or none).
Basically you will need to script into your window a parameter that gives you the output you want.
It could be something that you have to manually input a value yourself (you may as well just add a text field to the schedule and add it there) or you can make the parameter automatic based on the configuration of your window settings - but you will need a knowledge of GDL to do this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Stress Co_
Advisor
Thanks Barry.
I would have thought something so fundamental to
a window schedule would be easier to accomplish.
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!