Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Hyperlink from autotext and schedules

gdford
Advisor

Does anyone have a hack that lets you have a hyperlink to a web address from autotext and or a schedule that does not require the actual hypertext to be visible on the published pdf?

I find it incredible that this is not somehow an option.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
9 REPLIES 9
gdford
Advisor

Schedules should have a feature that would let a cell in the schedule be designated as a hyperlink cell so the the scheduled hyperlink can be hidden and the cell looks like a button.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
gdford
Advisor

markdown syntax method, taking the example of www.graphisoft.com, you can display the hyperlink in BIMx as GRAPHISOFT website, by entering the following in Archicad, [GRAPHISOFT website](http://www.graphisoft.com)

• Format to be used [UI text](URL)

this should work with autotext and schedules!!!

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Add the Hyperlinks in the PDF with Adobe Acrobat after you have published the drawings. They can be seen or unseen if you like.   The reason I do that is because it is in reviewing the PDF that I find things I would like to Hyperlink to some sort of additional data, video clip, manufactures brochure, supplemental drawings that are password protected, audio clips, U3d, ... any sord of media you want.  Imaginary Real-estate, things out there in the Metaverse 🙂 

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

Tim Ball
Expert

I find using a link shortener like bitly keeps the text cleaner

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

only thing that works in PDF ist white text.... 😞 ... I know....

Mac OSX - up to date

GER Archicad Full, Up to date

Hey Tim - thanks for the tip. I had not thought about using a URL shortener.

I have been testing TinyURL and this is what I have discovered.

Using AC25 and loading the raw and the shortened url into properties

First:

I noticed that if I schedule a raw or shortened url, that while in the schedule editor when you hover over a link you get a pop up that lets to open the browser and goto the link -- This is new to me and I like it bunches.

However in layout view hovering over the url in the schedule does nothing.

If I place the raw or the shortened url into a label and then while in an Archicad view if I hover over the label I do not get an option to open a browser and goto the URL and the same is true in layout view... If would be sweet if this worked for labels like it does for schedules from the schedule, from the view of a label and on the layout for labels and schedule data.

Second:

When i publish a PDF of the a layout that shows the labels and the schedule:

• On the PDF the Labels both the raw and the shortened URL's  take me to the URLs - this works great
  • On the PDF at the Schedule, only the Raw URL with take me to the URL. The shortened URL is broken in the schedule.

thanks,

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Tim Ball
Expert

Just experimented again with the link idea. I have created a property for a link attached to each element. My tests show the link works both within the schedule and when output to a PDF, either with a. very long link or a shortened one. However to ensure the long link works it needs to all be on the same line. If you wrap the link text it breaks the link. That's another reason for using a shortener. 

It does take a short time to recognise the link both within the schedule and within the PDF.

Tim Ball

AC26, iMac

User since V5

Thanks Tim - I need to experiment a bit more.

I will keep you posted.

Gary Ford
Archicad 12-26
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000

Great there is some sort of work around, however I would be stoked if Graphisoft just baked hyperlinks into Archicad so we can set these in schedules/autotext etc. Would've been a handy feature in Archicad 26 (because there's not a whole lot in this release....).