BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC 2x3 file conversions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a project where I am using the renovation filter to create Alternates for a new School project. I use the New construction for the base bid and the demolition plan for the alternate(S). I noticed that when I create an IFC file it does not "respect" the current renovation status. I get ALL the model regardless of their renovation filter(s). Is there a way to filter out certain model components based upon their renovation filter status?
As a work around, I created two files and deleted all the model components on the Demo filter to create the Base Bid and deleted the New components to create the Alternate. Hopefully there is a better way.

Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
Bruce
Expert
I ama away from my computer, so can't check this - but I believe if you save as from the 3D window, it will only save out the visible elements.
Bruce Walker
www.brucepwalker.com
Barking Dog BIM YouTube
Mindmeister Mindmap
-- since v8.1 --
AC27 5003 INT Full | Windows 11 64 Pro | 12th Gen Intel i7-12700H 2.30 GHz | 64 Gb RAM | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 32 Gb
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
dderr1234,

In which ARCHICAD version is this happening?
Could you also post a few screenshots of how it looks in ARCHICAD and how the exported IFC looks in a Viewer application? (The forum allows one attachment per post).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Learn and get certified!