Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Export - Decompose composites to its skins

Johan Stinckens
Advocate

When exporting an IFC to use for Information Takeoff (Solibri) I would like to have all composites decomposed to their skins, preserving their materials and the ID of the composite they belong to.

I have tried several combinations with either BREP or not, but can't seem to produce what is needed.

When selecting a wall I should not get the whole component, consisting of 3 decompose (forward) elements, but I should have three seperate objects.

I know I can select them seperately (Shift-click) in Solibri, but I need them to actually be seperated, retaining the name information from its "parent" and the material from itself.

IFC-Export_DecomposeIFC-Export_Decompose

Johan Stinckens
BIM Modeller at Atrium Architecten
Archicad user since April 2014 (v17 - v26) - CC iRT i9-12900 - 64 GB / Nvidia Geforce RTX 3080 - Windows 10 Pro 64

Other than that it's hiking, camping, climbing.
11 REPLIES 11
stefan
Expert

In IFC, the length of a wall is defined as: Total nominal length of the wall along the wall center line (even if different to the wall path).

https://standards.buildingsmart.org/IFC/RELEASE/IFC4/ADD2_TC1/HTML/link/qto_wallbasequantities.htm 

--- stefan boeykens --- bim-expert-architect-engineer-musician ---
Archicad27/Revit2023/Rhino8/Unity/Solibri/Zoom
MBP2023:14"M2MAX/Sonoma+Win11
Archicad-user since 1998
my Archicad Book
Mats_Knutsson
Advisor

This is something i'm really interested in solving. I want to separate the facade skin from the other skins so that I can use simplebim location editor and connect quantities of the interior part of the wall with the "room volume" for quantity take-off.

AC 25 SWE Full

HP Zbook Fury 15,6 G8. 32 GB RAM. Nvidia RTX A3000.