BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC. Factory default mapping rules.

GOBA
Booster
Where can I see the factory default mapping rules? I see, for example, that there are some examples explained for beams, in this page, such as Name Attribute, IsExternal property and LoadBearing property:
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/graphisoft-archives/55687/

I’ve also seen that the Reference (Pset_BeamCommon), is made up of the material and the cross section. This is all right, but is there a list of default mapping rule? Could they be changed?
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4
Hello GOBA,

Did you try to modify something here ?
File/Interoperability/IFC/IFC Translator
Then into Classification tab you are able to modify the correspondence between your Archicad classification and the IFC classification.
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
GOBA
Booster
Hi Chirstophe!

Yes, I have already tried that. What I mean, is that there are some factory default mapping rules, for example, as for beams:

"Examples for factory default mapping rules for IfcBeams:
- The Name Attribute is derived from the ARCHICAD Beam-classified element’s ID parameter (found in the Categories and Properties panel of Element Settings).
- The value of the IsExternal property (Pset_BeamCommon), either “True” or “False”, is derived from the corresponding ARCHICAD element’s Position classification (either “Exterior” or “Interior
- The value of the LoadBearing property (Pset_BeamCommon), either “True” or “False”, is derived from the corresponding ARCHICAD element’s Structural Function classification (either “Load-Bearing Element” or “Non-Load-Bearing Element”).

This is an example, using the ArchiCAD template:

I think that Reference (Pste_BeamCommon) is using a factory default mapping: Material + cross section

I would like to know all the factory default mapping, and if we can modify them, because I haven’t found anything in the translators.
AC24, Windows 10
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
There is some info about this in the Help file:

https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/user-guide/89335/#XREF_36709_IFC_Attributes_and

However, there is no detailed list of which fixed IFC Property value is derived from which parameter of the element (which could also be different for different element types).
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
GOBA
Booster
Thanks Laszlo! It would have been nice to have that detailed list
AC24, Windows 10
Learn and get certified!