Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC Translator settings not saved

POTS
Booster

Hi,

In the IFC translator, when modifying the 'model filter' then the settings are never saved. I spent already 10 hours trying to figure it out but i couldn't. any tips ?

noopenings.jpg

AC 25 NED 6000 | WIN 11 | i9 + 32GB + RTX 2080TI
3 REPLIES 3
Zoltan Vale
Graphisoft
Graphisoft

Hi POTS, 
the saving of the model filter state has a bug in it, according to which changing a parent checkmark wont be saved but if you check/uncheck child types saving will work just fine. In your case in the attached picture try unchecking "IfcOpeningElement" and "IfcVoidingFeature" and this should be a workaround for the time being. 
I know it's a bit more hustle, but it will get the desired results and we will try to address this bug as soon as possible.

Zoltán Válé
GRAPHISOFT Product Manager
POTS
Booster

Dear Zoltan,

I appreciate your answer. We knew at the office about the bug, but im afraid even changing the parent doesnt work anymore. 
The IfcOpeningElement shows in other software / ACC and highly unwanted by our clients, I have to explain to them already for months that we have a bug in Archicad, that I cant do anything about it, that's quite embarrassing, I personally dont know why Graphisoft doesnt fix it immediately. Is there any expected date for the fix ?

POTS
Booster

Hello everyone, developers,

Do you know if this issue is fixed in the update 4 of Archicad 25 ? It's not on the list of solved issues.