Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

IFC and Uniclass 2015 classification

neilmcallister
Booster

I have been going round in circles trying to get a model with its properties exported to IFC.  I have managed to add the COBie properties and populating them with data which works fine when I export and then reimport the IFC to the properties come through correctly.  However, I am classifying the objects with Uniclass 2015 classifications.  When I open the IFC in a text editor I see this is correctly assigned to the "ifcclassificationreference" property and this actually comes in as a property - but the objects all have the classification of "Pr_40_50_12_81 Sofas"!

How do I get the "ifcclassificationreference" to come in as the classification?  I've not worked much with IFC before so I may be missing something obvious, but the fact that the correct information is in the IFC file suggests that I've got at least half of it right.

I need to be able to issue the IFC file with confidence that the data will get through properly.

Archicad 26 / Windows 11
1 REPLY 1
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

Do you apply the Uniclass Classification Reference as I show it in the below images?

If I do it this way, export it as IFC (make sure Classifications are set to be exported), then import it back into Archicad (make sure Classifications are set to be imported), it will export and import correctly.

IFC-ClassificationReference.png

IFC-ClassificationReference2.png

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27